Lucketts is an unincorporated historic hamlet along U.S. Route 15 north of Leesburg. It was originally known as Black Swamp due to the large number of Black Oak trees growing in the area at the time of its settlement. From the late 18th century until the mid-19th century, it was known as Goresville after the name of prominent local landowner, Thomas Gore. The name was finally changed to Lucketts in 1865. The Lucketts School, now the Lucketts Community Center, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The village of Lucketts is visually cued by the traffic light at the intersections of Route 15, Lucketts Road, and Stumptown Road. Traffic going through Lucketts on Route 15 is approximately 18,000 to 21,000 vehicles per day as of 2005.